An atypical Saturday

I woke up at 8:30 this morning after seven hours of sleep. Last night I did some bookstore business duties with Amy, and by midnight we both had sleepy eyes that were crossing as we looked at our computer screens. A sign of a successful day?

It was so nice to go to bed exhausted from something other than a Migraine attack. Granted, I had to take two Maxalts yesterday to battle an obnoxious headache with uncomfortable side effects of dizziness. The Maxalt wasn't a lifesaver as usual but did take the edge off. I'm straying from my point: I got to work until I was tired! I didn't go to bed because it was time or because I felt sick. In the last month or so, this has only been the case about 1/3 of the time, so it's cause for comment.

When I awoke, my friend A. was still here. We talked a few minutes before she had to hit the road. I then had the energy to sweep the pollen-covered walkway and porch, trim back some trees that constantly encroach on my walk, and do a little bit of light housework. This is not like me, I tell you. The fun only ended after I swept part of an ant pile and then, by accident, ran the broom over my toes (which were bare in flip flops). The displaced ants sprinkled my toes, a fact I was only aware of once my right foot got intensely itchy.

It's a beautiful day outside. Not a cloud in the sky, I tell you, and the temperature is just right. (With Georgia weather, this could change any second--I'm sure by the afternoon I'll think it's sweltering. But I love it.)

Hope everyone else has a day as good as this morning has been!

By providing your email address, you are agreeing to our privacy policy. We never sell or share your email address.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Join the conversation

or create an account to comment.