Can dietary supplement labels be trusted?
- Dietary Supplements – Adverse Event Reporting, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/ReportAdverseEvent/default.htm
- Dietary Supplements, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, retrieved 2/3/2015, http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/default.htm
- Esch, Mary, (2/3/2015). Study: many herbal supplements are not what the label says, ABC News, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/ny-attorney-general-targets-popular-herbal-supplements-28686772
- Fabricant, Daniel Ph.D., (2/3/2015). NPA CEO responds to New York attorney general request to stop herbal supplement sales, Natural Products Association, retrieved 2/1/3/2051 at http://www.npainfo.org/NPA/NewsRoom/News_Releases_2015/NPA_CEO_Responds_to_New_York_Attorney_General_Request_to_Stop_Herbal_Supplement_Sales.aspx
- Major retailers accused of selling adulterated herbal supplements, ConsumerLab, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.consumerlab.com/recalls.asp?Recall_1"
- NPA Certified Companies, Natural Products Association, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.npainfo.org/NPA/EducationCertification/TruLabelProgram.aspx
- NPA GMP Certification Program, Natural Products Association, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.npainfo.org/NPA/EducationCertification/NPAGMPCertificationProgram.aspx
- O’Connor, Anahad, (2/3/2015). New York attorney general targets supplement a major retailers, The New York Times, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/new-york-attorney-general-targets-supplements-at-major-retailers/?smid=tw-share&_r=0"
- O’Connor, Anahad, (11/3/2013). Herbal supplements are often not what they seem, The New York Times, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/science/herbal-supplements-are-often-not-what-they-seem.html?_r=0
- Vaughan, Karen, (11/5/2013). Are herbal supplements safe? Natural Health by Karen, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.acupuncturebrooklyn.com/?p=7040
- What is DNA Barcoding? Barcode of Life, retrieved 2/3/2015 at http://www.barcodeoflife.org/content/about/what-dna-barcoding