Community Thoughts: Favorite Inspirational Quotes
Many people look to inspirational quotes or sayings to get through hard times when dealing with migraine. So we asked our Facebook community: "What is your favorite quote, expression, or saying?" Check out what the community had to say, and add your own in the comments below!
In general, these quotes can be helpful:
- What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
- It's always darkest before the dawn.
- You can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine.
- This, too, shall pass.
- You don't have to see the whole staircase, just the first step. - MLK, Jr
- You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it. - DCG
- There's light at the end of the tunnel...
- Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
- Migraines won't kill me....they never do! wink emoticon
- I think I can, I think I can... I know I can, I know I can...
- No matter what you're going through, it could always be worse.
- There is a solution to everything!
- I'm weak in front of a spark of light , but I am strong enough for harder things.
- Do not confuse my bad days as a sign of weakness. Those are actually the days I am fighting my hardest.
- One day at a time.
- When life knocks you down, roll over, and look at the stars.
- Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. - Christian D. Larson
- It's okay not to be okay as long as you're not giving up.
- Fall down 9 times. Stand up 10.
- Life goes on.
- Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Religious-inspired quotes help me:
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
- Do not be discouraged. Do not fear, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go Joshua 1:9
- God, please hear my prayer....
- Dear LORD give me strength and comfort ...give me peace.
- I will praise you Lord Even when...Even if...Even though.
- "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
- For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Love this movie/TV quote:
- Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
- My new favorite quote comes from The Walking Dead, "JSS - Just Survive Somehow."
I made up my own!
- If what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, then I can move mountains!
How about you? What quotes or sayings inspire you when times are tough? Please share in the comments!
How much has your migraine disease changed or evolved over time?