Medical Marijuana for Migraine
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Migraine.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Napchan, U., Buse, D. C., & Loder, E. W. (2011). The use of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoids for the treatment of headache. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 51(3), 502-505.
- McGeeney, B. E. (2013). Cannabinoids and hallucinogens for headache. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53(3), 447-458.
- Marijuana. (2014, August 26 [updated]). Retrieved December 30, 2014, from http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/herbsvitaminsandminerals/marijuana
- Gupta, S. (2013, August 11). Weed [Television broadcast]. New York, NY: Cable News Network.
- Brandon, E. (2014, August 30). Summit County resident and author of cannabis cookbook uses marijuana as a healing tool | SummitDaily.com. Retrieved December 30, 2014, from http://www.summitdaily.com/news/12814327-113/cannabis-catalano-marijuana-migraines
- Pletcher, M. J., Vittinghoff, E., Kalhan, R., Richman, J., Safford, M., Sidney, S., ... & Kertesz, S. (2012). Association between marijuana exposure and pulmonary function over 20 years. JAMA, 307(2), 173-181.
- Van Dam, N. T., & Earleywine, M. (2010). Pulmonary function in cannabis users: support for a clinical trial of the vaporizer. International Journal of Drug Policy, 21(6), 511-513.