New Year's Resolutions
A new year is, of course, a perfect time to make some resolutions for yourself. My resolutions are almost always health- and quality-of-life-related, so I thought I’d share a few of them with you here. In the comments field, how about telling us what changes you resolve to make for a healthier, happier you in 2012?
The Migraine Girl’s 2012 Resolutions, Which She Will Certainly Attempt But By No Means Swears to Do:
- I will resume my temporarily-lost habit of walking 30-60 minutes at a time at least 5 days a week.
- I will create the schedule at my bookshop so that I have at least one day a week off.
- I will not work on my one day off a week (fat chance, but maybe writing it down will help).
- I will spend more time with my friends and family; I will make a concerted effort to spend quality time with my buddies, especially my sister J. and my partner, Jim.
- I will not skip meals ever.
- I will not skip meals as often.
- I will carry my water bottle with me everywhere and make sure to drink from it!
- I will set alarms to remind myself to take my daily preventive medication.
- I will take my triptan and naproxen sodium tablet the moment I feel head pain come on, as I promised my headache specialist I would do.
- I will keep up with my freakin’ Migraine diary!
All right, your turn, kids. What do you want for yourself in 2012?
When was your last migraine check-up?