What are the symptoms of a migraine?
Migraine FAQs: What are the symptoms of a migraine?
There are a large number of migraine symptoms; some of the most common are:
- Throbbing, pulsating pain — 85 percent
- Light sensitivity — 80 percent
- Sound sensitivity — 76 percent
- Nausea — 73 percent
- Pain on one side — 59 percent
- Vision changes, blurred vision — 44 percent
- Aura — 36 percent
- Vomiting — 29 percent
- Sensitivity to smell
- Stiff neck
- Dizziness or dizzy spells
- Cloudy vision or other vision changes
-- These figures are from the American Migraine Study II of almost 4,000 migraine sufferers in 1999.
Other symptoms include: