Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Trying to figure out my headache

Hello, I am posting this question to find about the type of headache I am suffering from. I don’t know if it is an headache or some thing else. I feel pain around my eye mostly on the left side but some times on the right side as well. This happen’s usually after one to two hours after I wake up. The pan lasts for about 15 to 20 minutes. My eyes becomes red and start watering. I experience a running and congested nose on the same side of pain. Usually If I sleep for about ten minutes when this happens the pain goes off. I observed that If I go out of the office or home to outside and take deep breaths will relieve the pain too. This has been happening since 5 years. I don’t get this pain every day. I had it for some days in 2013, 2014, then I did not have any issues in 2015 and 2016. The problem again started in Feb 2017 from then I face this problem at least two days in a week. I visited a doctors and they said its nothing. But this pain disturbs my work life in the mornings. Especially during the morning meetings pain becomes worse. Thanks for your comments.

Community Answers
  • Shamika
    2 years ago

    There’s an app called Migraine Buddy that you can use to help track your headaches…….I uses this to keep an active log of my headaches, symptoms & triggers…..I hope this can be of some help to you……feel free to add me as a friend

  • Joanna Bodner moderator
    2 years ago

    Thanks for your question and for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this type of pain. We are not permitted to provide you with medical advice via the internet for your safety. Only a qualified healthcare professional can do so. That being said, while I understand you have already discussed this with your doctor, obtaining a proper diagnosis for a specific headache disorder or migraine diagnosis can be challenging for some doctors. I would encourage you to begin journaling exactly when and what symptoms you are experiencing to help your doctor. You can read more about this here – Additionally, I would also suggest if you do not feel comfortable with what your current doctor has shared with you, is to seek an opinion from a board-certified headache and migraine specialist. You can also read more about this here –

    I truly wish you all the best.
    -Joanna ( Team)

  • Share Your Answer