Finally found some relief!

I have had debilitating migraines for over 25 years. I have tried EVERY type of migraine medication– hoping each time the new one would work- and would be so frustrated every time. I previously thought my migraines were hormone related, but have now realized they are also caused by changes in the weather/ air pressure. My neurologist has tried many medications, and finally Cambia! Cambia is by far the best thing I have used- If I can take it as soon as I feel the migraine coming on, it works great! I have been taking it for 6 months, and only a couple of times it didn’t work. I also started taking 400mg of magnesium glycinate every day 6 months ago as well and I feel it has also helped in migraine prevention. Make sure you get the GLYCINATE form of magnesium. Hope this helps others as much as it has helped me! I am so thankful my migraines are finally less frequent and manageable!

Comments

• smilysuz

What is GRRP? Have never heard of this?

• Joanna Bodner moderator

Hi there smilysuz,
    Might you be referring to CGRP? If so, you can take a look at this article – https://migraine.com/blog/cgrp-antagonists-are-the-new-triptans/. Hope this helps!
    -Joanna (Migraine.com Team)

• Tamara

Is it blue cross non group coverage in Canada? I would love to be able to use it. My clinic was nice enough to give me the rest of the samples they had … so I am rationing them for the really bad migraines just before I head to urgent care.

So glad they are that price for you, it’s nice when it doesn’t break the bank to get what we need. 🙂

• th4254 author

My insurance is BlueCross Blue Shield PPO in Texas. Maybe you can check again to see if maybe the price you have to pay has changed since last time they told you. Especially since I only have to pay $20! I sure hope so!

• Tamara

Yup magnesium helps me and I love cambia. Unfortunately it is $100 a dose and not covered by blue cross (my insurance) …. :'(.

I hate insurance. The bills that are $0.50 a tablet didn’t work at all.

Soooooooo glad it works for you!

• th4254 author

Hi Tamara- thanks for your reply-that is weird that Cambia is $100 a dose for you- I have blue cross and I only pay $20 total for 9 packets at a time. I have read on other migraine remarks that people also say they can’t get it because it is so expensive- I don’t understand why it is so expensive for other people- it should not be that way!