I’m Too Tired To Deal With You, Migraine!!!

Do you ever wake up and think maybe the migraine is gone? So you just lay there quietly trying to convince yourself it is not there, lurking ready to pounce on you. Eventually you have to move and BAM it is back with venegence.

I have chronic migraines but the last couple of years have been really hard. I haven’t decided if they have really intensified or if I have become weaker and can’t handle the pain and sickness like I used to. Whichever it is, I feel like I am losing every battle and feel less like fighting.

I go to so many doctors trying to get some kind of control over the migraines, but not even close yet. When asked what are your migraine triggers, I say it would be easier to list what don’t trigger my migraines. I absolutely love to laugh but real laughing causes a migraine. Do you know of anybody that has laughing as a migraine trigger?

The worst part of having migraines is the effect on my family. In all honesty even if one person in the household physically has migraines the whole household lives the migraine lifestyle. I know my family has been through a lot because of my constant headaches and all of the nausea, vertigo, sensitivity to NOISE, LIGHT and SMELL. Also another issue I deal with is Anxiety and Depression. Which is made worse when I see what my family is going through for me.

If you are dealing with similar issues please know you are not alone. My faith in God has been the only thing to get me through. Prayers for all in chronic pain and their families.

Angie in GA

Comments

• Teania

I Know what you mean about the laughing thing. I only have episodic migraines, but my doctor told me I could possibly extend to chronic, which frankly scares the life out of me. I have actually laughed so hard that I’ve given myself a headache that turned into a migraine which ruined whatever I was laughing at.

I also know what you mean about the one person having a migraine turning the household that way. My family has to deal with my lifestyle. I’m normally picky but now my VALID excuse of. “If I eat that, i’ll get sick” gets some tired responses. I feel your pain. Right now i’m actually sitting her with a budding headache praying that maybe if I just relax and not mess up it’ll go away on it’s own… but they never really do, do they?

God Bless Angie, someday it’ll get better for us. Atleast we all have each other to rely on!

• Angie author

Teania I will be praying for you and your family. Life is hard anyway but throw migraines in the mix and it really gets difficult. On one hand it is so nice to know that there are others who understand what is like but on the other hand I dont want anyone else to have this illness.
    Thank you for commenting it is the 1st time i submitted anything because Im no writer. I hope you have better days ahead with no migraines. 🙂

• Nancy Harris Bonk moderator

Hi Angie,

Thanks so much for sharing your personal story with us. Living with chronic pain can be frustrating on some days, I understand how you feel.

While reading your post, I started to wonder if you’ve been tested for idiopathic intracranial hypertension or IIH, which was formerly called pseudotumor cerebri. The reason I bring it up is because intractable head pain, nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light, odors and noise can often be symptoms of this painful condition. Laughter, coughing and sneezing can often increase head pain with this condition. Let me share information with you on it; https://migraine.com/blog/migraine-comorbidities-idiopathic-intracranial-hypertension/ and https://migraine.com/blog/migraine-comorbidities-idiopathic-intracranial-hypertension/.

Hang in there, we are here for you, and please let me know if you have questions.

Nancy

• Angie author

Thanks Nancy for the information. I have tried to look up anything and everything to figure something out. I have been down the last several days but reading the comments left for me on here has really lifted me up. A lot of times I feel so invisible that nobody, outside of my kids, really see me they only see a migraine. God bless you for helping so many with your words. I really thank you from my heart. 🙂

• Angie author

So sorry Leo that you have had pain for so long. I agree on the days where I feel almost like a nornal person, I really try to enjoy those days the fullest.
    You are in my prayers and God Bless you for being in so much pain but still encouraging others!!!

• Leo

Well Angie, i know what you mean, i am 60 years and had migraine since i was 11, i can’t stand the pain anymore. But there are days when there is no pain and i think we celebrate those days more than anyone else and that is also something you give to you’re family.

• Cyndi

OHH Angie, hang in there lady!! I so know what you are going through and its so hard to live life in pain! Like you had stated “Faith in God has been the only thing to get me through”, keep that faith and I will add you to my prayers!!
    Between my children & God, it’s what gets me through as well. Sometimes, I feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    Take care & I hope you know that I’m with you on the pain!! We can get through this and hopefully somewhere somehow we can find a cure for it!

• Angie author

Thanks for the encouraging words Cyndi!!! Prayers are appreciated and returned.