Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

caret icon Back to all discussions

2 weeks and counting

Good Morning Everyone,

I found this forum this morning searching symptoms and thought I would give it a shot.

I am a Marine Vet diagnosed with severe TMJ and Migraines/Headaches. I average about 1 per week based on my stress levels (the more stressed the more I grind my teeth and the more headaches I get).

Over the last 2 weeks I had a new headache come on. It is still centered between my temples and the front side of my head but it is very short. It will last 30-60 seconds and is a dull to mildly stabbing and is gone. It returns sporadically throughout the day.

At this point I’ve tried the prescribed imitrex (lord I hate the side effects of that stuff) naproxen and Excedrin Migraine.

Today I woke up with some dizziness and nausea for the first time.

We are currently stationed in Puerto Rico (wife is still active duty) and the medical care is abysmal. I had an MRI of my brain about a year ago through the VA that took months to be seen and all came back clear. I’m coming back to the states We’d morning and will be there visityfor a few weeks and considering taking myself to the ER to see if they can look into it. Seems the more you read about symptoms the worse you feel about what it could be.

Anyone had anything similar?

1. Hi Shaun,

First let me take this opportunity to thank you and your wive for your service - thank you!!

As much as I wish I could give you an idea of what's going on, only a qualified doctor can do that. I'm sorry to hear you're not getting good medical care, that's awful especially for our service personnel. I can tell you when we have new and/or different symptoms it's always a good idea to let the doctor know so he can rule out anything more serious.

I hope you are feeling better. Will you keep us updated?
    Nancy

1. I reached out to a friend of mine that works in healthcare in TX and she took all the symptom info and is going to check with a neurologist that she knows.

She said they would let me know if they thought it was serious and schedule me an apt when I fly in to get everything looked at.

Please read our rules before posting.