Hello! This is my first post so please let me know if it is in the wrong place or something.
I am 30 years old, when I was 25 I was diagnosed with migraines with aura. This was after years of searching for the reason for my symptoms. Please tell me if you know what I’m experiencing.
I’ve had these episodes for as long as I can remember. When I was a child it would happen once every 4 to 6 weeks, and would happen exactly the same way every time, only upon waking in the morning the following would occur:
1. The second I would move my head I would be hit with intense dizziness
2. The room wouldn’t be spinning, rather it seemed to be moving from left to right, over and over again.
3. I would have to hold my head down on my bed with my eyes closed until the movement calmed down.
4. I could only move slowly or I would have to go back to holding my head down, if I failed to do this I would vomit.
5. I did not have partial blindness, splotches or any change to my vision.
6. There was no light sensitivity. In fact sunlight would help with the fogginess I felt.
1. I would cry right from the onset until the initial dizziness subsided
2. I would not get a headache
3. There was a feeling of fogginess in my head.
1. I did have a slightly difficult time walking but I don’t believe I was experiencing vertigo.
1. Every noise, especially the rustle of my comforter, would repeat like an echo.
2. I only heard sounds that were really there, I was not just hearing things.
3. I never heard “voices”
4. I think my thought repeated too but I didn’t hear that. It was more like I was experiencing a thought stutter or repeat.
5. Audio issues were over within 15 minutes.
Things that would help
1. Eating saltines.
2. Taking a bath would make me feel better until I got out.
3. All of these feelings would lessen SLIGHTLY over the course of the day but would not leave until I woke up the next day. So it basically would last 24 hours.
From around the time I turned 13 until now somethings have changed. It happened every 6 to 8 weeks and less since diagnosis (I stopped eating things high in nitrates like hotdogs and pepperoni, eventually I stopped eating meat all together).
It usually starts in the morning but sometimes in the evening.
1. If presenting upon waking I get dizzy when I first move (much less than when I was younger).
2. If presenting in the evening I start to feel slightly dizzy.
3. Again, no spinning room but everything moving from left to right, over and over again.
3. I haven’t had to hold my head down for years.
4. Until last month dizziness hasn’t caused me to vomit in years.
5. I do not have partial blindness, splotches or any change to my vision.
6. There is no light sensitivity, sunlight still seems to help.
1. I do not get a headache
2. There is a feeling of fogginess in my head. Like things are out of focus.
1. I only feel off balance if I tilt my head back far (like when you try to get the lady drop of a beverage) or tilt my head too far forward.
1. no issues here anymore!
Things that help
1. An energy drink and Tylenol migraine
2. If it presents upon waking complete relief still does not happen until the next morning.
3. If it presents in the evening it might be better the next morning or not until the morning after the next day. So 12 to 36 hours.
Today is a dizzy day, its been about a month since the last time, which is closer than usual. About 2 months ago I started talking Adderall for ADD and it’s really working. My doctor thinks the Adderall is giving me these “migraines” because headaches are a side effect. I don’t get headaches though and migraines aren’t a side effect. I think it might be hormonal because I’m a day late for starting my period. But last month it happened 5 days after my period.
Does this sound like I experience migraines? I don’t get headaches or visual aura with them.