Food Allergy Testing for Migraine Triggers
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Migraine.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Food Allergies. American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. Retrieved on Mar. 31, 2015 from http://acaai.org/allergies/types/food-allergies.
- Joneja, J. M. (1998). Food Allergy Testing: Problems in Identification of Allergenic Foods. Canadian journal of dietetic practice and research: a publication of Dietitians of Canada= Revue canadienne de la pratique et de la recherche en dietetique: une publication des Dietetistes du Canada, 60(4), 222-230.
- About Food Allergies: Diagnosis and Testing. Food Allergy Research & Education. Retrieved on Mar. 31, 2015 from http://www.foodallergy.org/diagnosis-and-testing/blood-tests.
- Panel, N. S. E. (2010). Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of food allergy in the United States: report of the NIAID-sponsored expert panel.Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 126(6), S1-S58.
- Stapel, S. O., Asero, R., Ballmer‐Weber, B. K., Knol, E. F., Strobel, S., Vieths, S., & Kleine‐Tebbe, J. (2008). Testing for IgG4 against foods is not recommended as a diagnostic tool: EAACI Task Force Report*. Allergy, 63(7), 793-796.
- Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy. Unorthodox Testing and Treatment for Allergic Disorders. Retrieved on Mar. 31, 2015 http://www.allergy.org.au/patients/about-allergy/65-aer/general/261-unorthodox-testing-and-treatment-for-allergic-disorders
- Position Statement: ALCAT and IgG Allergy & Intolerance Tests. Allergy Society of South Africa. Retrieved on Mar. 31, 2015 from http://www.mm3admin.co.za/documents/docmanager/8e7be0a4-2b8d-453f-875e-cd1e5132b829/00015032.pdf.
- Alpay, K., Ertaş, M., Orhan, E. K., Üstay, D. K., Lieners, C., & Baykan, B. (2010). Diet restriction in migraine, based on IgG against foods: A clinical double-blind, randomised, cross-over trial. Cephalalgia, 30(7), 829-837.
- Aydinlar, E. I., Dikmen, P. Y., Tiftikci, A., Saruc, M., Aksu, M., Gunsoy, H. G., & Tozun, N. (2013). IgG‐Based Elimination Diet in Migraine Plus Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53(3), 514-525.
- Zuo, X. L., Li, Y. Q., Li, W. J., Guo, Y. T., Lu, X. F., Li, J. M., & Desmond, P. V. (2007). Alterations of food antigen‐specific serum immunoglobulins G and E antibodies in patients with irritable bowel syndrome and functional dyspepsia.Clinical & Experimental Allergy, 37(6), 823-830.
- Atkinson, W., Sheldon, T. A., Shaath, N., & Whorwell, P. J. (2004). Food elimination based on IgG antibodies in irritable bowel syndrome: a randomised controlled trial. Gut, 53(10), 1459-1464.
- Guo, H., Jiang, T., Wang, J., Chang, Y., Guo, H., & Zhang, W. (2012). The value of eliminating foods according to food-specific immunoglobulin G antibodies in irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea. Journal of International Medical Research, 40(1), 204-210.