Written by: Emily Downward | Last review date: March 2019
- Effects of exercise on headaches and migraines. American Migraine Foundation. Available at https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/understanding-migraine/effects-of-exercise-on-headaches-and-migraines/. Accessed 5/25/18.
- Dittrich SM, Günther V, Franz G, Burtscher M, et al. Aerobic exercise with relaxation: influence on pain and psychological well-being in female migraine patients. Clin J of Sport Med. 2008 Jul;18(4):363-365. doi: 10.1097/JSM.0b013e31817efac9. Abstract.
- Physical activity and health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/pa-health/index.htm. Accessed 5/25/18.
- Varkey E, Cider A, Carlsson J, et al. Exercise as migraine prophylaxis: a randomized study using relaxation and topiramate as controls. Cephalgia. 2011 Sept;31(14):1428-1438. doi: 10.1177/0333102411419681.
- Koppen H, Van Veldhoven PLJ. Migraineurs with exercise-triggered attacks have a distinct migraine. J of Headache and Pain. 2013;14:99. https://doi.org/10.1186/1129-2377-14-99.