Is there Hope? Yes. I found it after 17 years of awful daily chronic migraines

I have had migraines for 17 years. I am a fifth generation of migraines in my family and I’ve past it on to my 23 yr old son.

I had chronic migraines and have been to specialists, and special migraine clinics with no help. I finally found a doc who would work with me and try things to try and find some relief. I have tried most of the drugs out there and I do mean most of them. I’ve been told there is nothing I can do for you.

I used to go the ER at least 1-2 times a month. I’ve been on FMLA at work because I miss so much work. Most days I would wake up and think I just have to make it to 5pm and then I can go home and back to bed. It was a horrible way to exist! About 10 months ago I had a new procedure-stimpath Migraine treatment from Dr. Kennth Reed in Dallas TX. Changed my life.

I still have migraines, maybe 1 or 2 a month but they are nothing like before. They are controllable now and I control them instead of the other way around. This Doc is great. My insurance covered the cost too!! Anyway who has chronic migraines should look into this. More doctors are getting on board with this and you will hear much more about this.

Comments

• Joy Perez

OMGoodness…I am going to have to make a note of this because my migraines have def become chronic and most things have not worked yet (as far as meds). Next thing the dr is recommending is Botox. I think I am willing to try it. We’ll see what happens. If it doesn’t work, I will ask him about this! Thx for the info!

• Mb Recny
  • Lisa Kranick

My daughter has a constant migraine that never lets up, and it has totally stalled her life. We need to find out about this; wish the writer had explained it.

• Dawn Robertson-Furchi

OMG I need to know what this is..because Migraines control my life! I have like 15+ a month! I have had them over 25 years and have tried everything! They run my..I mean ruin my life!

• Margi Thiede Weber

So what exactly is a “stimpath migraine treatment” consist of? Is it Botox or like a nerve block injection, adjustment, or what? Just wondering…

• Brenna Knapp Fields

What is stimpath?

• Dana Elizabeth Feller Williams

Found this with google

During the procedure, wires are implanted under the skin to deliver electrical impulses—or neurostimulation—to the occipital and supraorbital nerves that cause severe headache pain.

“More than 30 million people suffer from chronic migraine pain. We’ve seen remarkable results with the StimPath migraine treatment,” Dr. Reed said. “Patients with debilitating migraines who did not respond to other treatments or therapies now enjoy long-term relief from their headache pain.”

• TiciaNiemi

Can please let us know what kind of treatment you have been doing?