Nerve Stimulators for Migraines

I’m doing a nerve stimulator trial for my migraines.

I just had the surgery for the trial which will be 3 – 5 days. When I was still in recovery my headache was already going away.

If I get at least 50% relief during this trial I will be able to get the permanent stimulator in 2 – 4 weeks.

Comments

• headacheslayer

I am trying desperately to find more about neurostims and migraine surgery (modified plastic surgery). I hope you have success and look forward to reading more about this! GOOD LUCK and GOOD RELIEF!

• Ellen Schnakenberg

Any new news on your stimulator?

• Tracy Brooks

How do I find out about this study or similar ones?

• Kimberley Burgess Piccioni

I hoping to get accepted into this study shortly. I just completed my medical questionnaire and then they have to assess it. I’m crossing my fingers.

• Tracy Brooks

Wow, I have been trying to obtain information on this nerve stimulators and have hit a wall….any information about it is greatly appreciated and I live in the Pittsburgh pa area…Thanks.

• Linda Laitinen Acly

There are so many different ones now, best of luck. I did have a Prism stimulator, didn’t help much but trial wouldn’t allow it to be turned up to recommended numbers by the doctors! Might have worked much better except for it being an FDA trial and the study rules. Get as much info as you can in writing. I know they work wonders for back pain too.

• Louise Connelly Price

I’d love to know the outcome. This has been discussed with me in the past, not for my migraines though but for my daily/continuous cervicogenic headaches.
    I hope this brings you the relief you need.

• Louise Connelly Price

Oops I was responding to an article/blog. I’d erase that post if my iPad would allow it! Duh! Good thing it wasn’t a really personal response! Geeeeze!

• Emily VanTassell Kellis

Good luck, I sure hope it helps you!