Reduced migraine attacks
I am 42, woman, I live in Lithuania. I want to apologize for a poor English, but anyway, I want to tell you my story. I have migraines for 8 years. Had migraine attacks once or two times per week lasting for 24 to 72 hours. Symptoms: fatigue, severe headache (half oh the head), nausea. I have a prescription for Imigran (sumatriptan), it helps me. I have been looking for migraine triggers for eight years. Now I made some essential changes in my life, which reduced my migraine attacks to two times per month. Now I'm happy camper. Two times per month with my medicine - now I can live my life again.
1. I quit caffeine (had two cups per day, now I drink 1 cup Sunday morning).
2. Quit gluten (accidentally, I was on a diet and lost 6 kilos. During that time I discovered my migraines were gone)
3. I made sure I sleep at least 8 hours a night.
4. I reduced stress in my life by changing work habits: I take less responsibility at work.
5. I increased my leisure activities: gardening, knitting, webbing etc.
I hope my story will help someone.
Have you shared your migraine story with us yet?