Wait a minute you mean there’s a pill for this?

Comments

• Wendy Jane Foster

Does anyone have a constant headache? for like a year?

• Noreen C. Richards Frederick

Been there, done that! Had about every kind of me that might help, including several anti-depressants. When they didn’t help any more, I weaned myself off them, still get migraines, but I don’t feel “doped up” all the time!

• Maureen Baxter Douglas

I am on Tompamax right now. 25mg. We will go up next week to 50 and up again until we reach 100. Hopefully it will work. Well back to bed in the midle of one right now and can’t do this.

• Janice Worden Lamb Clemens

I’m glad Topamax has worked for you. I was on it for a while but then the headaches came back. I have been on Depakote which did not work at all, the new anti-depressant Viibryd and the side effects were the zombie affect so I stopped that. Now I am on Gabapentin and nortriptylline for 4 weeks and still have the headache. My neuro also had me on prednisone 5 mg for 10 days which was only the second time in a year and a half that I did not have a headache. The other time was a bout 6 weeks ago when he put me on a high dose , dose pak of prednisone. Yes my headaches did subside while on it but as soon as I finished the course the headaches came right back. The weight gain and mood swings I can do without while on the steroids. Thank goodness my husband is one of the most understanding people in the world.
    I have had migraines since I was about 16 but they were never called that back then, or I just never had them checked by a doctor. I have no family history of migraines either. But now all 3 of my daughters have them occaisionally, but my youngest has them frequently. My one neice has them and my brother just started getting them within the last year.

I have tried the triptans which do work very well, as long as I take it early enough. It’s the chronic daily headache that I don’t know how much longer I can take it. I work everyday(I’m a nurse), I am on my second neurologist, and so far other than prednisone I am getting no where. I cannot stay on steroids forever, and the weight gain and mood swings drive me crazy.

• Laurie Case Vincent

Have you tried Lamactil/Lamotrigine as a preventative medicine yet? I take three tablets twice a day and went from 25 to 30 migraines a month down to 3 or 4 per year. I have taken this medicine for 4 or 5 years, with no side effects. I take two Aleve with two Tylenol 3 for the Migraines. It works. Good luck.

• Christine Moore

Have you tried altenalol? I had the same trials with those drugs then I was put on altenalol and it was a miracle!