I am a completely new member. I have been having some very odd symptoms and someone has just suggested to me that I might be having migraines. I would really appreciate having the benefit of your experience if anyone has any thoughts on this.
1. Tired eyes, eyelids feel heavy or puffy but look ok.
2. Occasional black flashes in my vision. This is just like a blink, everything goes black for a tiny split second, but I am not blinking.
3. Facial tingling, esp on the right side.
4. A twitchy eye, esp on right side.
5. A 'sinusy' or 'eyestrain' type headache, usually more on the right side.
6. Some sensitivity to light.
7. Feeling irritable, nauseous, tired.
Background info; I am extremely stressed out at the moment, very anxious, and have been spending long hours working at a screen. I think I have eye strain, could this be enough to trigger some kind of migraine?
Until I read through this site, I was entirely clueless about migraines. The headache is not the main symptom, in fact it is fairly manageable, but now I understand that a headache doesn't have to be the main event! The tingly face and black flashes in my vision are the symptoms that frighten me. This has been going on for weeks, I had a similar episode about 6 months ago and had tinnitus and dizziness with it.
Could this be a migraine? I know none of you can diagnose me, but does anyone have similar experiences?