Are CGRPs Right for Me?
With the flurry of information surrounding the CGRPs for migraine, it can be tricky to keep up. We've created a downloadable list of questions you can ask your doctor to see if you're a good candidate for CGRP gepants (acute treatment) or CGRP monoclonal antibodies (preventive treatment).
Will CGRPs work for my migraine?
- Which treatment do you think I should try first & why?
- What dosing option (dose amount-m.g. and/or frequency) will be best for me & why?
- How soon can I expect to know whether or not the treatment is working and/or effective for me?
- How should I properly store the medication?
- Am I able to take other medications with CGRPs?
What about side effects?
- Will the injections be painful?
- Have you heard of any other side effects other than what has been reported during the clinical trials that I should be concerned about?
- If I experience any side effects from this medication, what should I do next?
How much do they cost?
- Will my insurance cover it?
- What if I am denied? Can I appeal or are there any other options?
- Is this a “tiered” medication? Will I have to “fail” another treatment first before my insurance approves this
- If I’m not insured, can I get this medication?
- Are there any financial assistance programs available?
My dark room: