Written by: Linda Saxl Minton | Last reviewed: June 2018.
- Shaik MM, Gan SH. Vitamin supplementation as possible prophylactic treatment against migraine with aura and menstrual migraine. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:469529. Published February 28, 2015. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4359851/ . Accessed online May 28, 2018.
- Mottaghi T. Askari G.. Effect of Vitamin D supplementation on symptoms and C-reactive protein in migraine patients. J Res Med Sci. 2015 May; 20(5):477-82 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26487877. Accessed online May 28, 2018
- National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements, Vitamin fact sheets. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/list-all/. Accessed online May 28, 2018
- Buettner, C. Nir, RR. Simvastatin and vitamin D for migraine prevention: A randomized, controlled trial. Published September 29, 2015. Ann Neurol. 2015;78(6):970-81. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ana.24534. Accessed online May 29, 2018
- Firger, J. Vitamin Deficiencies may prompt chronic migraines. Published June 10, 2016. Newsweek. http://www.newsweek.com/vitamin-deficiency-causes-chronic-migraines-469227. Accessed online May 28, 2018.