A Call for Recipes: Breakfast of Champions
Greetings Migraine.com community. We are doing a call for your best breakfast recipes that are least likely to trigger a migraine and most likely to get you started on the right foot for a low-pain day. We know everyone has different triggers when it comes to food, so proceed with care as you look at the options. We encourage everyone to get to know their food triggers. Perhaps consider an elimination diet as a way to uncover what foods you may want to avoid and to learn which ones make you feel the best.
I am posting one of my favorite breakfast/brunch/lunch recipes here that is gluten and dairy-free. It makes me feel good and I hope it does the same for you!
We hope you will post your favorite breakfast/brunch recipes in the comment section below so that we can enjoy learning from one another!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for poached eggs on cauliflower rice with kale:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cauliflower rice, steamed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups/heaping handfuls kale, stemmed and chopped, very lightly steamed
- ½ lemon, squeezed
Optional toppings (all or some):
- 1/3 cup avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup small tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, whites and greens chopped
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (cilantro, basil), chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
Directions for poached eggs on cauliflower rice with kale:
- Saute garlic in small pan for under a minute then add steamed cauliflower rice until it is well mixed.
- Squeeze lemon over freshly steamed kale, add pinch of salt and mix.
- Poach eggs.
- Plate cauliflower at bottom, kale next, then eggs, top with your choice of optional (or all) toppings for a colorful, nutritional, and delicious meal that is unlikely to trigger a migraine!
We look forward to reading about your recipes in the comment section below!
- calories: 258
- carbohydrates: 29.3g
- cholesterol: 327mg
- fat: 9.3g
- fiber: 6.8g
- potassium: 1254mg
- protein: 18.5g
- saturated fat: 2.8g
- sodium: 474mg
- sugars: 6g
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you taken our Migraine In America Survey yet?