A Call for Recipes: Breakfast of Champions
Greetings Migraine.com community. We are doing a call for your best breakfast recipes that are least likely to trigger a migraine and most likely to get you started on the right foot for a low-pain day. We know everyone has different triggers when it comes to food, so proceed with care as you look at the options. We encourage everyone to get to know their food triggers. Perhaps consider an elimination diet as a way to uncover what foods you may want to avoid and to learn which ones make you feel the best.
I am posting one of my favorite breakfast/brunch/lunch recipes here that is gluten and dairy-free. It makes me feel good and I hope it does the same for you!
We hope you will post your favorite breakfast/brunch recipes in the comment section below so that we can enjoy learning from one another!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for poached eggs on cauliflower rice with kale:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cauliflower rice, steamed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups/heaping handfuls kale, stemmed and chopped, very lightly steamed
- ½ lemon, squeezed
Optional toppings (all or some):
- 1/3 cup avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup small tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, whites and greens chopped
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (cilantro, basil), chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
Directions for poached eggs on cauliflower rice with kale:
- Saute garlic in small pan for under a minute then add steamed cauliflower rice until it is well mixed.
- Squeeze lemon over freshly steamed kale, add pinch of salt and mix.
- Poach eggs.
- Plate cauliflower at bottom, kale next, then eggs, top with your choice of optional (or all) toppings for a colorful, nutritional, and delicious meal that is unlikely to trigger a migraine!
We look forward to reading about your recipes in the comment section below!
- calories: 258
- carbohydrates: 29.3g
- cholesterol: 327mg
- fat: 9.3g
- fiber: 6.8g
- potassium: 1254mg
- protein: 18.5g
- saturated fat: 2.8g
- sodium: 474mg
- sugars: 6g
Disclaimer: Migraine.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you prefer reading stories from others with migraine or informational content on our site?