35 years of migraine, glaucoma and cancer, still going on.

My story is the story of someone who always believe they would be better days for me, cause, life cannot be that injust. Today I have lost hope and I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t know if we are meant to share our story to give people’s hope for better days but I’m afraid I can’t do that cause I am today 51 year old and at the end of my teether.

I started having migraines, well, I don’t remember it was such a long time ago, I was a teenager, I particularly watched my mum suffering, without a word, day after day, sitting on her armchair with nobody who understood her, my sister saying she was just lazy, and hiding behind her migraine, this way she wouldn’t have anything to do. I didn’t think that, I felt sorry for her but I never imagine that it would be my story too, worse.

At the age of 16 years old I had very bad periods, painful and with migraines. By the age of 25, I was diagnosed with endometrisis, stage 3, it then moved onto stage 5 or 6 can’t remember, I took so much painkiller, that I don’t know if it was for migraine or for endo at that point. I had several surgery, to relieve the chronic pains that endo triggered, the agonizing pain. Could never have any children, I don’t care, cause I would have given them my genes and I don’t think I could I coped with seeing my children suffer like I have and I’m suffering. By the age of 34 years old, migraines headaches started getting worse, I remember, that I didn’t know whether Endo or migraine was making more suffer, I swallowed all sorts of over the counter medication plus some strong stuff with morphine that I was getting from France, I lived and worked in London at the time. I swallowed dozens of pills and worked so hard to make end meets that I now wondered how I managed.

By the age of 40 the migraines had taken over my life. Endo was manageable, but the migraine where horrid, I was prescribed all sorts of medication, betablockers, sibelium DHEA, whatever, nothing worked. Then I discovered the triptans, quickly I took NSAI with Triptan to relieve the headaches, but it was getting worse. Then bang 45 years old I ‘m diagnosed with breast cancer. I got treatment for that, surgery, radiotherapy and refused the hormones therapy that they wanted to give me for one reason, it would make my migraines worse, at that point, I couldn’t care less. Then let it be. Guess what I survived !!! five years down the line, I’m getting to menopause, and the migraines are ruling my life. In the meantime, I have a nervous breakdown!!!!! was taking to hospital, given anti depressants, more migraines treatment, and then a few month ago, closed angled glaucoma, (the treatment can all cause that), now facing the fantastic prospect to be blind on top of it, I went to a Parisian hospital to ask for help. I was told that migraine is a genetic disease caused by the 8th chromosome to be deficient and that I was born with my migraine and would die with my migraine. I am at home, alone most part of the time cause (friends laughed at the migraine sufferer, it is bound to be in my mind) and I breath oxygen and try not to take too much triptans. Today is the 10th day that I haven’t taken a triptan and my migraine didn’t live me in peace a day. They might give me a heart attack, who cares really. I’m just going to take one a hope for a day of relief. I really don’t know why the cancer didn’t kill me but if it comes back I will not treat it.

Comments

• Pamela Mynatt Moser

I am so sorry about your years of pain & medical issues. I understand the migraine pain & will pray for you. There are lots of us out here, who feel for you. Wishing I could help.

• Michele Ott

Prayers and thoughts of you today. You will be in my mind, sending good vibes across the oceans and land that today you will find peace and relief, even if for just an hour.

• Barbara Schmitz

Oh, I shall pray for you. Good luck, feel better soon, don’t give up!

• Dominique Forti

Thanks for your support. Still going on….

• Julie Danielson

I am so sorry to hear about your migraines, I started having migraines when I was 26 years old, my mother had them to and would spend days in her bedroom, me and my sisters would peek at her through her bedroom door. She got them every time her period started and that lasted till she was 52 years old. When Excedrin Migraine came out I started taking those, I know how bad a migraine can be because before these pills came out it was the hardest thing to have a bad migraine. There is one who can heal your migraines and that is Jesus. God can and does miracels, I had another problem that no doctor could fix, and I cried everyday for 2 and ahalf years because I was in pain, but I prayed every day and asked God to help me, and after 2 and ahalf years I was healed. I am a born again Christian, I asked God into my heart and to forgive me of my sins, and Jesus came in, he is the Great Healer, and He is the Greatest Father, He will be with you all the time, talk to Him all the time, He will be right there with you and He will help you. Ask Him into your heart. God is Awesome. Praying for you and I pray God heals you from your migraines. Your Sister in Christ. Julie Danielson

• Regan Causey

We that have migraines all feel your pain , but never give up.NEVER people out there feel the same way maybe going through different things but we all come to a time where we feel like that.Look at what you have made it through….WOW.Look at what you have done in life.You know if we all speak-up and band together maybe people will listen to us more.Info. is power lets all help each other…God bless you and I hope you have a great day and an even better year, you are blessed.

• Sabita Adhikary Chhetrii

take care,…..

• Stacey Richardson

it is very easy to give up hope and to feel as if you have not one that understands or cares. Friends heck even families don’t understand. PLEASE don’t give up. I live in america but I will always be here for you if you want to be friends just contact me on facebook, I understand how you feel as I am going through alot of what you are.

• Connie Hammis

Ditto – I wish the best for you and hope you are ok. Feel free to contact me anytime.

• Dominique Forti