caret icon Back to all discussions

When yo go to e.r.

O Get Cluster Headachs Regularly. They Seem to be getting worse though. My head will hurt, my eye my neck. My head gets stuffy, trigger points be come extra extra sensitive. Now my body will get very hot than very cold than I will feel like I'm going to throw up and pass out.
I have an appt with a neurologist in about 10 days. The firorset they gave me helps some.
Am I crazy or is this normal?

  1. Hi karmavsdogma69,

    I don't think "crazy" is the word, rather someone who has a headache disorder and is in pain. Cluster headaches a primary headache disorder have been called 'suicide' headaches described as some of the most painful types of head pain one can experience. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.

    Cluster headaches can be treated with oxygen, something you may want to look into in addition to other medications. If head pain lasts longer than 72 hours its time to talk with your doctor.

    It may be a good idea to see a doctor who is a true expert in migraine and headache disorders. This doctor is a migraine/headache disorder specialist. Neurologists may be fine doctors but have a hard time being experts in one area because they treat so many different conditions such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, epilepsy, Parkinson's and others. Most neurologists are not board certified in headache medicine like a migraine/headache disorder specialist.

    The thing is migraine/headache disorder specialists are experts in one area - migraine and headache - and have extra board certification in headache medicine whereas all neurologists do not. It's also important to note that all neurologists are NOT migraine/headache disorder specialists even though they may claim to be and all migraine/headache disorder specialists are not neurologists. Take a look at this information about why these doctors are so special; and

    I hope this helps, and let us know how your appointment with the doctor goes,


    or create an account to reply.