I am a Master student in Industrial Design and I have an idea of a product to help with migraine symptoms and triggers monitoring. I would like to kindly ask for feedbacks from other migraine sufferers.
I suffer from migraines myself and the doctor advised me to keep a migraine diary to help with the diagnosis and to identify the triggers. I have tried it, on paper and with different apps. I was never able to record accurately my symptoms, either because the journal/app is not flexible enough (eg: how to accurately record pain intensity and location varying during the same day, exact time of medications, every meals…). Most importantly, the pain makes it very complicated to write down all this information on the moment and if I do it after, then I might forget.
My questions are:
- What is your experience with migraine diaries/apps?
- If you had some kind of smart device (similar to a smart watch), that help you to keep track of symptoms and triggers, what features should it have? How would it be?
- A slider to adjust pain intensity during day
- Possibility to enter the location of the pain at every moment
- A recording function, to maybe record orally information, when pain is too strong
- Gps, barometer…
Thank you very much in advance!
Sorry for my english, it's not my mothertongue.