So glad to have found this site. I've already found it very helpful to peruse these forums. I am looking gor a true headache specialist. I am in Albuquerque, NM and have had no luck finding one here. The three neurologists I have seen have been of limited help. I am willing to travel. As a mom of three little ones, I have to find a way forward.
1. Migraines since childhood, new onset if cervicogenic headache in 2016 due to damage caused by over-use/stress from a new baby. I have constant, uni-lateral, sub-occipital pain which radiates up the bavk of my head and behind my eye. This causes mugraine-like pain. I also suffer from common migraine on the other side, usually related to hormone or food or fatigue triggers.
2. Recently reveived 1st botox injections with awful side effects. Eyelid drooping, loss of neck muscle tone, difficulty swallowing. 6 weeks post botox, these are resolving and migraines are back full-force.
3. Median branch block on third occipital nerve nit effwctive.
4. Failed preventatives: amytriptaline, depakote, propranolol, and verapamil.
5. Use Cefaly device daily for 6 months. Not sure if it's helping as a preventative. It does provide relief while wearing it.
6. MRI of cspine clear.
7. Maxalt for abortive works 80%, but using 14/month. I know I'm dealing with MOH, but see no way through it right now.
8. Using supplements of magnesium oil, B2, CoQ10, and tumeric.
9. 3 months of PT has helped minimally, if at all.
Any recommendations for specialists, additional treatments to try, etc.... would be greatly appreciated.